Do you ever forget how observant your children are, as you get wrapped up in the daily chores of managing a family and a home? Of course you do, we all do! But you should still try to be vigilant. You have to be a good Role Model to your child, not a perfect one, after all we are all human, but a good one!
How do you do this you may ask, and actually it is quite simple? You should start by setting your child a good example all the time. Boys particularly look up to their Dad, and copy what you do, after all, you are his idol, and everything you do matters to him. Your child’s behaviour will reflect the way you are and how you behave on a day to day basis.
If you are aggressive and short to everyone around you, and always shouting at people, expect your child to be the same. If you are calm and thoughtful to those around you, then your child will be so too. Remember, your children are what you make them, and are a reflection on the upbringing you give them. You must never forget this. So try to be the best possible role model, all the time.
Here are a few tips, but this list is not exhaustive:
- Work hard at what you do, whether paid or unpaid
- Be nice to people , even if they irritate you
- Be kind and polite to everyone you meet
- Be tolerant of other people’s differences with you
- Always help others if you are able to
- Never be aggressive, nasty or violent
- Be a good citizen, and respect the laws of the country
- Be a good listener, give your time to people you meet
- If you haven’t got anything nice to say about someone, then don’t say it all